INFORMED CONSENT AND INFORMATION PAGE
You are being selected to take part in the LASTING research project, because we feel that your experience can contribute to improve our study and outcomes. If you accept, you will be asked to participate in one or more of the various activities of the LASTING project, including attending face-to-face meetings and on-line consultations.
Before making a decision on whether you want to participate or not, please read this document carefully. Please ask all the questions you may have so you can be completely sure to understand all the proceedings of this project and the project activities, including risks and benefits. At all times, we assurance the compliance with the current legislation.
Overview and purpose
Considering the diversity of the waterborne transport sector, its geographical scope, the international dimension and the challenges and opportunities upfront, LASTING (Let’s go for Waterborne Transport Research – Broadening engagement and increasing impact) will broaden engagement of the broader waterborne transport sector in European RD&I activities, by developing a communication strategy, and implementing a long-lasting communication campaign beyond the lifetime of this project, ultimately increasing, stakeholder engagement in the sector and thereby increasing impact of European waterborne transport RD&I.
Your participation in LASTING project involves the granting of information stemming from specific expertise, your know-how, or your network.
The LASTING project started on 1 January 2021 and has a duration of 36 months. During the project’s lifetime, experts are consulted to participate in questionnaires, meetings and other activities that will contribute to achieving the objectives of the LASTING project.
Risks or inconveniences
No risks are foreseen. You are only requested to be available to participate and share with LASTING your professional experience and opinions. You do not have to answer any question if you don’t wish to do so. You do not have to give us any reason for not responding to any question.
Privacy and confidentiality
Responses you give in questionnaires, meetings and other activities will be recorded. Your recorded data will be processed during the phase of data analysis and anonymised before it is processed in the final project reports.; hence it will not be possible to identify you afterwards and to identify the source of information. The results of this investigation may be published in scientific journals or conferences and may be used in further studies. Nothing of the provided personal data will be handled out to third parties.
The authorization for the use and access to this information is valid until the end of the project unless you decide to cancel it before. If you should decide to deny your consent, please contact the Project Coordinator and let him know of your intention of leaving the consultation process. Your decision to whether or not give your authorization for the use and diffusion of the information provided by you is completely voluntary.
Sharing the results
LASTING will publicly share the results of the consultation process. The related scientific information will be easily accessible, free of charge, to the end-user. The project will follow Horizon 2020 guidelines for data management and open access meticulously, for their compliance regarding data quality, sharing and security.
Who to contact
Certificate of Consent
Your participation in this consultation process of the LASTING project is only possible with the following consent:
- I have been fully informed about the aims and purposes of the LASTING project. I understand that there is no compulsion to participate in the LASTING activities and, if I choose to participate, I may at any stage withdraw my participation;
- I have read, or had read to me, a document providing information about this project and this consent form. I have had the opportunity to ask questions and all my questions have been answered to my satisfaction and understand the description of the consultation process that is being provided to me;
- I agree that my data (collected by meetings, questionnaires and other ways of interaction) is used for scientific purposes and I have no objection that my data is published in scientific publications in a way that does not reveal my identity;
- I understand that, subject to the constraints above, no recordings will be replayed in any public forum or made available to any audience other than the current project partners;
- I freely and voluntarily agree to be part of this consultation process, though without prejudice to my legal and ethical rights;
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101006923.