Jules Verne Institute of Research and Technology
The Jules Verne Institute of Research and Technology (IRT Jules Verne) is a mutualized industrial research centre dedicated to advanced manufacturing technologies. Its mission is to develop innovative solutions for the factories of the future and speed up the technology transfer to factories.
The Institute focuses on 4 strategic industrial sectors:
- Aeronautics (Airbus, Daher, Stelia, Safran, Dassault Aviation, Zodiac, Latécoère, etc.);
- Shipbuilding (Chantiers de l’Atlantique, Naval Group, etc.);
- Renewable energies (LM Wind, General Electric, Siemens, EDF, etc.);
- Automotive (PSA, Renault, Faurecia, Plastic Omnium, etc.).
The institute’s employees conduct collaborative research. They work hand in hand with companies that are developing and deploying solutions for the factory of the future (production equipment & machine, toolmakers, robots, production software, …) and with the best academics in the manufacturing field.
Its research covers 3 main domains:
- Integrated product/process design;
- Innovative processes : composites and metallic processes; additive manufacturing;
- Flexible and intelligent manufacturing systems : robotics, cobotics, cyber-physical systems.
In order to offer global solutions up to scale-1 demonstrators, the institute utilises a wide range of exclusive equipment.