Bulgarian Executive Agency "Maritime Administration"
The Bulgarian Executive Agency "Maritime Administration" is a legal entitiy on budget support to the Ministry of Transport, information technology and communications, a second level user of budget credits, based in Sofia with regional offices in Bourgas, Varna, Lom and Rousse.
The Agency's main activities include:
- Organization and coordination activities related to the safety of shipping in the sea spaces and inland waterways of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Acting as liaison between the government and ships flying the Bulgarian flag;
- The excercise of control over:
a) Shipping safety requirements by Bulgarian and foreign ships;
b) Working and living conditions of seafarers;
c) Provision of services for traffic management and information of shipping maritime spaces, inland waterways, canals, ports in Bulgaria and other duly defined regions;
d) The compliance with the quality requirements for marine fuels;
- The organizatino and coordination of Search and rescue efforts;
- The organization of protection of the marine environment and the river Danube from pollution by vessels;
- The organization of seafarer proficiency exams;
- The issue of certificates of proficiency and professional competency of seafarers;
- Maintain the registers of ships, seafarers, ports and port operators in the Republic of Bulgaria.